Metzeler Tourance Next 2 Motorcycle Tyres
The Metzeler Tourance Next 2 Motorcycle Tyre is the latest offering from Metzeler and a Tyre which is now heading into its fourth generation. It has been a favourite of adventure tourers for many years, and this addition will no doubt prove popular.
- Fourth generation Metzeler Tourance Tyre
- Significant reduction in braking distances
- Increased neutral handling characteristics
- Metzeler’s 0° Steel Radial and Interact technologies
- Transmit a feeling of safety and control to the rider
- Ensuring a neutral, linear handling response
- Improve stability of tread blocks and ensure even wear
- Improved mileage yields and line holding on gravel roads
The Metzeler Tourance Next 2 Motorcycle Tyre has been constructed using Metzeler’s 0° Steel Radial and Interact technologies, which help to transmit a feeling of safety and control to the rider, also ensuring a neutral, linear handling response.
The Front Tyre has been constructed using an innovative 85% silica compound containing functionalised polymers, which works to enhance stability and grip on wet roads. The multi-compound rear tyre is multi-compound and uses either a Cap & Base construction or the new Hyperbase structure. The rear's construction changes slightly based on the Tyre Size. Hyperbase sees the centre and shoulder compounds all supported by a full-carbon-black base which improves dynamic and thermal stability. The central compound is identical to that used on the front tyre with 85% silica, while the shoulder compounds are full-silica and oriented towards performance in wet conditions and grip at lean.
The tread of the Tyre includes longitudinal grooves on the rear which are intersected by other pattern elements to improve stability of the tread blocks and ensure more even wear characteristics. This has the benefit of improving mileage yields and line holding on gravel roads.