|Home PageBattery ChargerOptimate 4 Dual Program 9 Step Motorcycle 12v Battery Charger||
Optimate 4 Dual Program 9 Step Motorcycle 12v Battery Charger £69.99
Optimate 4 Dual Program Motorcycle Battery Charger
OptiMate 4 Dual Program is the latest version of the multiple award-winning OptiMate 4 12v battery charger - the unique multistage battery optimiser specially designed for modern 12V starter batteries from 2.5 to 50 Amp-hours.Ideal for motorcycles, ATVs, jet-skis etc. With OptiMate 4 Dual Program you can now either charge the battery direct, or select the program to charge via the 12V port on CAN-bus equipped BMW motorcycles (using either the optional O2 or O9 accessory plug lead).
Want to ride, but not sure of battery condition? A 10 second test at connection indicates your motorcycles battery condition, a quick and easy ‘ride meter’ that will determine if you are ready to go or will have to charge the battery first.
How it works
1. Switch between STANDARD or BMW CAN-BUS program with a simple procedure: connect clamps together, connect to mains, wait for the LED’s to confirm program change, disconnect clamps. LED indication confirms the BMW CAN-BUS program is active. Once selected, the chosen program is saved as the default mode for next use, but you can switch programs as many times as you want.
2. Safety check: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM will proceed to charge if the battery voltage can maintain above 2V during the initial start up diagnosis, even if the battery was at 0.5V before connection.
3. Functionality: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM microprocessor checks the system for correct operation (LEDs flash briefly to confirm).
4. Pre-qualification test: OptiMate 4 DUAL PROGRAM indicates the battery condition prior to charging.
5. Desulphation and recovery: STANDARD (up to 16V) engages automatically to recover neglected, flat batteries from a sulphated to a chargeable state. For badly neglected batteries the TURBO stage (max 22V) engages if vehicle electronics are not detected or the battery is out of the vehicle. The turbo stage is disabled in CAN-bus mode. The safe low voltage PULSE recovery engages for the final 15 minutes.
6. Bulk charge: a constant current of 1A is delivered until the voltage reaches 14.3V.
7. Absorption and equalisation: Current is delivered in pulses to bring the battery to full charge in the shortest possible time.
8. Charge verification and short circuit / dead cell check: Charge acceptance is monitored, to detect internal damage and prevent unnecessary charging of an unrecoverable battery that cannot be recovered. An undamaged battery requiring further charging will revert to pulsed absorption.
9. Voltage retention test: is conducted for 30 minutes during which no charge current is delivered, with 5 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health. The pre-qualification test can be used to detect batteries that may hold a charge initially, but lose charge overnight.
10. Charge maintenance: a voltage of 13.6V is delivered for 30 minutes following each voltage retention test, with sufficient current to sustain it against natural self-discharge or drain from permanently active vehicle components or connected accessories (alarm, immobiliser). The voltage retention test and charge maintenance periods continue alternating half-hourly until the battery is disconnected. The test result is updated during each subsequent test.
11. CAN-bus program: the KEYLESS activation program guarantees automatic re-opening of the connection even with the ignition turned off. 12. The alternating test and charge maintenance program is designed to provide the recommend maintenance voltage for AGM / GEL batteries whilst reducing the average voltage as required by STD filler cap batteries, making it ideal for indefinite and 100% safe long term maintenance charging of any type of 12V lead-acid battery.
The REAL & unique 6-step battery optimiser specially designed for all modern 12V starter batteries from 2.5 to 50 Amp-hours capacity.
Diagnoses, recovers, charges, checks & maintains your battery automatically for months. All major battery manufacturers recommend maintaining starter batteries FULLY CHARGED during periods of non-use. OptiMate 4 is totally safe for months-long connection and maintenance of irregularly or seasonally used batteries even while still connected to the vehicle. The sophisticated charging algorithm ensures no risk of over-charging.
Suitable for all types of rechargeable 12V lead-acid batteries: filler cap types; absorbed glass mat (AGM or "MF"); valve regulated (VRLA); GEL-electrolyte. As simple as 1-2-3: Just connect OptiMate 4 to your battery, the rest is automatic. Electronically protected against user errors. There is no switch, no fuse and there are no sparks.
Delivered with two interchangeable connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent connection to the vehicle’s battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary.
There are 3 reviews with an average rating of 5.00
Ian from United Kingdom26 December 2017 19:22
This is an amazing piece of kit. I bought it for my canbus BMW bike, but it has just got me out of a tight spot with a dead car battery.
The instructions need to be read several times, but it's definitely worth the effort
Trevor from United KingdomOwner15 December 2018 12:01
Ordered and delivered in 3 days 20 minutes to fit no problem battery now beinglooked after . Thank you
Paul from IrelandOwner03 February 2021 12:56
An Excellent little charger for my bike, it should keep the battery in good shape while its parked up. Great service from the lads in the shop, I received it within 24 hours of ordering it. Thanks Guys.
Seen a lower price elsewhere? The Visor Shop will do our best to match any price request, simply click below