|Home PageBattery ChargerOptimate 3 DUAL BANK Battery Charger||
Optimate 3 DUAL BANK Battery Charger £126.99
Optimate 3 Dual Bank (3 x 2) Motorcycle 12V Battery Charger Optimiser and Condioner
2-channel OptiMate 3 - the unique affordable 6-step battery optimiser. Easy to use with the original OptiMate functions and intuitive LED display.
OptiMate 3, the all-in-one tool for 12V battery care at home. Diagnoses, recovers, charges, tests and optimally maintains, automatically. OptiMate3 retains all the fully automatic, 100% safe, easy-to-use characteristics, of the 2 million OptiMates produced since 1995, but is now microprocessor-controlled, lighter and more efficient than ever, and it comes with global input (100-240V). And it’s 33% more powerful than its predecessor. Forgot your battery throughout the winter? OptiMate3 will recover it from deep discharge and optimally recharge it. Then it will check that the charge delivered is the best possible before then checking how well the battery can retain the charge. And tell you its status, at a glance. Of course, it will then maintain your battery at full charge safely for months at a time. And prolong its life by up to 400%. Reducing waste, for a better environment. No wonder 10 major constructors recommend OptiMate. OptiMate3. Battery performance guaranteed!
Complete with two interchangeable SAE connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging (2 included), the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent attachment to in-vehicle battery (2 Included)
Trusted by 10 major vehicle manufacturers : BRP, Derbi, Gas Gas, Honda, Kawasaki, Mercury, Peugeot, Suzuki, Triumph, Yamaha
How it works ?
1. Battery Check: OptiMate 3 must be connected to a battery (retaining minimum 2V) to activate its output.
2. Desulfation and recovery:Tests the battery for possible deep discharge or sulphation. If necessary, OptiMate 3 automatically engages a special high voltage recovery mode (up to 20V) with a very low fixed current to desulphate the battery.
3. Bulk charge: Charges at 0.8 Amps constant current until such time as the battery is normally able to crank the engine.
4. Verification Stage: A 30 minute charge & check cycle ensures that even well-used batteries are brought to full charge saturation. If necessary the programme reverts automatically to the bulk charging stage, repeating steps 3 & 4 as many times as may be necessary until the battery is thoroughly charged.
5. Voltage Retention Test: During a 30 minute pause the charging circuit monitors the battery's voltage to identify batteries unable to retain an adequate charge without charger support. The green LED indicates that the battery has passed the charge retention test and the red LED indicating that the battery voltage failed to remain above 12V. (A fully charged, undamaged lead-acid battery should normally retain a voltage of at least 12.5V.)
6. Maintenance / float charge stage: Irrespective of the voltage retention test result, a maximum voltage of 13.6V is applied with up to 200mA available to support connected electronic alarms or other small loads.
The voltage retention check (step 5) is repeated every 30 minutes and alternates thereafter with step 6 for as long as OptiMate 3 remains connected to the battery.
Seen a lower price elsewhere? The Visor Shop will do our best to match any price request, simply click below