Optimate 12V Weatherproof Panel-Mount Din Socket (SAE)
Accessory Socket for OptiMate Battery Chargers with SAE connectors.
New improved SAE-compatible connection lead.
This weatherproof DIN accessory socket is designed to be panel-mounted on a vehicle to provide an external charging point and power outlet socket. It is the same format as is used on some Triumph, BMW and Honda motorcycles. In addition to providing a weatherproof connection point for your OptiMate charger using an optional accessory plug lead, it also provides a power outlet socket for other accessories - e.g. mobile phones, tyre pumps, portable CD players, notebook PCs, GPS navigation units, camping lights, etc. It is of particular use for scooters with sealed battery compartments and any other vehicles where use of the standard fused permanent lead is not practical.
This lead simply plugs into to the 2-pin SAE connector from the permanent eyelet lead supplied with an SAE-compatible OptiMate. Supplied with a detachable rubber sleeve to form weatherproof joints with other OptiMate SAE accessory leads.
Compatible with the round DIN plug on SAE78 and SAE79 accessory plug leads.
If your OptiMate or accessory has the white TM compatible connector, you need TM78
- Innovative heavy-duty connection system
- Compatible with standard SAE connectors
- Reliable weatherproof connection
- Thick copper 16 / 18 SWG cable
- Connector/cable rated at 15 Amps
- Electrical connections between cable and connector pins are fully sealed
- Rubber sealing shrouds enhance the weatherproof rating of connections
- Allows safe use of high amperage accessories like heated clothing / grips