Arai SK-6 PED Kart Racing Helmet (Without Anchors) - K2020
The Arai SK-6 is a karting specific helmet that uses the same, highly developed and immensely strong shell as the GP-6S race helmet with Complex Laminate Construction for light weight. The durable, non-nomex lining is specifically designed to satisfy the extreme demands of kart racing, as is the unique ventilation system.
The SK-6 is designed specifically for pro level karting. With features and advancements that provide incredible ventilation, comfort, lightness, and feeling of confidence many have come to expect from Arai. Thanks to its incredibly strong, proprietary cLc (Complex Laminate Construction) shell, its strength allowed Arai to give the SK-6 an extremely soft EPS liner for better comfort and impact energy management. If you’re serious about taking your karting to the next level, choose the helmet that’s already there.
Not flame retardant.
Snell K2020 Approved
Includes PED (performance enhancing devices) spoiler kit in clear
Snell K2020 Approved
Shell Construction: PB-cLc
Peripherally Belted Complex Laminate Construction Arai’s proprietary (super fibre belt) Peripheral Belt, borrowed from our F-1 technology, greatly increases shell strength and flexibility while maintaining low weight and a lower centre of gravity. Positioned across the top of the eye port, this band contributes to the use of a thinner EPS liner which greatly enhances the upward field of view. A specially designed “mechanically expanded fibre mat”, sandwiched between the inner and outer layers of Arai’s proprietary Super Fibre Laminates, is used to reinforce and bond these two Super Fibre layers without adding significant weight to the helmet.
Shell Construction: PB-cLc
- F1 visor tear-off’s prep
- Visor aperture
- Visor aperture 60 mm
- Visor locking lever
- Enhanced hyper ridge
- Chin air slots
- Glancing Off To minimize impact energy getting into the helmet, it’s crucial that a helmet can slide over a surface. Arai believes that a Strong, Round & Smooth shell helps to increase a helmets ability to protect the rider during an impact. Shells with sharp edges or vent ducts that don’t break off can reduce the helmet’s ability to slide, sending energy into the helmet, or even enhance rotational energy.
- Five times inspected Each Arai helmet goes through five separate quality-control departments: after the shell is made, after painting and graphic completion, after assembly and two in-process inspections.
- Washable interior The premium quality interior of any Arai helmet can be easily cleaned, in place, with mild soap and lukewarm water.
- Handmade It can take up to five years for our experts to earn the right to create an Arai shell. Each shell can take up to 27 steps and to build one Arai helmet will take about 18 man-hours.
- All-day comfort All-day comfort with the Arai interior fit and shape together with the finest liner materials and the extensive ventilation system. And thanks to the perfect balance and weight distribution of the helmet, you hardly notice you are wearing an Arai.
- Penetration tested All Arai helmets are penetration tested, although not required by European helmet standards. The Arai penetration test is performed with a 3kg test cone that strikes from a height of 3m on the helmet.
- Double-D ring device The flat and D-shaped rings fit smooth against the chin. No moving parts, no corrosion problems and just pulling the tab is enough to loosen the fastener.
- Smooth shape, better protection The smooth outer shell of Arai helmets is designed to glide without unnecessary resistance. You don’t want to decelerate your helmet more than necessary. That’s why all Arai vents and ducts are designed to break off during an impact.
- Strong outer shell, soft inner shell Arai uses a very strong outer shell to spread impact forces and a soft inner shell to absorb remaining energy. The multiple-density EPS inner shell is made using a unique technology of combining three to five densities in various areas as a single component.
- Organic shape The organic shape of an Arai outer shell offers a more natural appearance, seals better and conforms more to the head’s natural shape for improved comfort, fit and to help minimize wind turbulence.
- 5-year limited warranty All Arai helmets are warranted against defects in materials and workmanship, and are serviceable only for the properly fitted first user for 5 years from date of first use, but no more than 7 years from date of manufacture.
- Different outer shells Unlike many other manufacturers Arai provides one size outer shell for each two-helmet sizes for most models. Together with different shaped outer shells for different models it is almost impossible not to find the fit you are looking for.
- Arai In-house test Arai helmets are designed to meet the stringent Arai In-house criteria, in addition to the mandatory ECE standard.
- APPROVAL SNELL K2015/K2020